Difficulty Navigating The Website
Problem: If users need help finding the information they need on the website, they
may leave without completing their desired actions.
Solution: Difficulty navigating the website is one of the many website design issues,
and can be a frustrating experience for users. Developers can implement several
strategies to improve website navigation and help users find the necessary information.
First, organizing website content into clear categories and creating a logical hierarchy
is essential. This can help users quickly find the information they need and understand
how the website’s different sections relate to each other. Additionally, providing a
a search function on the website can help users find specific information quickly.
Using clear and concise labeling for navigation menus and links can also help improve
website navigation. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that may be unfamiliar to
users, and instead, use clear and simple language that accurately describes the content
on the website.
Consistency is also vital in improving website navigation. Navigation menus should be
placed in the exact location on every page of the website and should use the same
labels and formatting. This can help users quickly identify where to find information
and reduce confusion.
Finally, it’s important to test website navigation with users to identify usability issues.
User testing can help identify areas where users may struggle to find information or
complete desired actions; This feedback can help improve the website’s navigation and
Poor Website Design and Layout
Problem: If the website design and layout are unappealing or confusing, it can detract
from the overall user experience and lead to lower engagement and lower conversion rates.
Solution: Creating a visually appealing and user-friendly design is essential to
improving user engagement and conversion rates; achieving this is a common web design challenge for beginners. The following are some strategies to
improve the website design and layout:
- Use a consistent color scheme: A consistent color scheme can make a website look more professional and visually appealing. Choose colors that match your brand and use them consistently throughout the website.
- Use easy-to-read fonts: Use fonts that are easy to read and choose font sizes appropriate for the website’s content. Use only a few different fonts, as it can make the website look cluttered.
- Create clear calls-to-action (CTAs): CTAs are essential for guiding users through the website and encouraging them to take action. Use clear and concise language for CTAs, and make sure they are easily visible on the website.
- Use a balanced layout: A balanced design helps users navigate the website and makes it easier to find important information. Use whitespace and visual hierarchy to create a balanced layout.
- Optimize for mobile devices: Many users access websites on mobile devices, so optimizing the website design for mobile is essential. Use responsive or dynamic web design to ensure the website can adapt to different screen sizes.
- Conduct user testing: Conduct user testing to get feedback on the website design and layout. This can help identify any issues and provide insights for improvement.
Outdated Website Technology
Problem: Using outdated website technology may cause compatibility issues with
modern browsers and devices, leading to a poor user experience.
Solution: Outdated website technology can hinder user experience due to
compatibility issues with modern browsers and devices. Ensuring a website is
up-to-date with the latest technologies and regularly updating software and plugins is
To address this, website owners must check for updates on all software used on their
website- CMS, plugins, and other tools. Updating them helps fix compatibility issues
and ensures the optimal functioning of the website on modern devices and browsers.
Apart from being updated, it’s also essential to have a responsive design adaptable to
different screen sizes, including mobile devices. This feature makes content easily
accessible on any device, improving user experience and increasing engagement.
In addition, testing the website on various devices and browsers is crucial.
Cross-browser and cross-device testing tools come in handy when identifying
compatibility issues before they affect the overall user experience and mitigate such
Difficulty With Website Maintenance and Updates
Problem: If website maintenance and updates are easy and convenient, it can lead to a
website needing fixing and may deter users.
Solution: Maintaining a website is essential to ensure it remains up-to-date, secure,
and functioning optimally. However, website maintenance and updates can be a
significant challenge, particularly for small business owners or individuals with limited
technical expertise. This problem can lead to a website that needs to be fixed and may
deter users, and many website examples have experienced this.
- One effective solution to this problem is to implement a content management system (CMS). A CMS software application allows website owners to easily manage and update their content without requiring extensive technical knowledge. Popular CMS options include WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. These platforms offer a user-friendly interface for updating content, managing plugins and themes, and ensuring website security.
- Another solution is to outsource website maintenance to a professional service provider. Many web development agencies offer website maintenance services to help owners keep their sites up-to-date and secure. These services typically include regular backups, security checks, software updates, and content updates. Outsourcing website maintenance can free up time and resources for business owners to focus on their core operations while ensuring their website remains functional and up-to-date.
Lack of Website Analytics and Tracking
Problem: With tracking website analytics, it is easier to measure the website’s
effectiveness and make informed decisions for improvement.
Solution: The lack of website analytics and tracking is a significant predicament for
owners of websites as it prevents the determination of effectiveness, which hinders
informed decisions concerning improvement. Implementing website analytics tools like
Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics solves this issue.
Website analytics tools offer valuable insights about user behaviors on webpages:
popular pages, duration spent by users on the site, and actions taken on the website,
among others. With such data in hand, website owners can make informed decisions
about marketing strategies to drive more traffic and conversions, content creation that
will be relevant, and areas within the website that require enhancement.
To use these website analytics tools, website owners must start by creating an account
with the provider in question and install the tracking code used to collect the analysis
information sent to the analytics platform from valued customer data. After that, the
the tool allows access to detailed reports regarding the website’s performance, enabling
owners to leverage their newfound knowledge in meaningful ways through
decision-making toward future improvements.
To improve their web designing skills and solve all these common web design
problems, beginners are recommended to try the 30-day web design challenge.
Take action to improve your website now! Implement the solutions in this article to
improve your website and enhance the user experience to drive higher engagement
and conversion rates.